Quick and Dirty: What Do I Need to Set Up My Website?
Updated: January 4, 2019
Top 10 Things to Get Your Website Started
When I first started searching for how to improve my website, I found that so many of the articles that are online were mostly made up of filler text. This made me so frustrated!
All I want is the key information to get this going. Seriously, that’s it.
This is a draft outline – but I plan to link additional articles over time. So without much ado, here the key bits needed to start or improve a website:
1. An Idea – Flesh it out. Build it up. Get it out there
- Check out Mind Mapping for some inspiration!
2. A Niche – Find your focus
3. Goal– Decide your your end result
- Have you heard of SMART goals? Find out more here!
4. A Plan – Plot out your milestones
5. A Design – Build the website to support your business and guide your viewers
6. A Picture – Or two. Or three. The sky’s the limit
7. A Microphone – Also known as social media, SEO, and pay-per-click. Talk to your future-readers
- Learn how to unlock your SEO skills and bring in more viewers with 4 key SEO strategies.
8. A Reason – Give your readers reasons to come back
9. A Following – Show people how you’re awesome. Listen to them. Be authentic. Build relationships
10. A Purpose – A firm reason of why you should continue. If you don’t like your website or business, neither will your readers
Just knowing the above information will not make you an expert – but continued iteration and improvement will ultimately make you an expert in your niche!
Need some help growing your website? Fill out the form below or contact me today.
[…] already covered the basics in the Quick and Dirty version (check it out here if you missed it!), but this series will cover the nitty-gritty details such […]
Comments are closed.